Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sensational Sketch Saturday.

Hi There everyone! 
It is another Sensational Saturday at Sugar Creek Hollow and this week we have a sketch by our wonderful talented Sharon.
Here is this weeks sketch. 

And here is my take of this sketch:

I used the beautiful image from SCH called February flower of the month. 
I wet embossed with clear embossing powder,  the image on the black paper and dry embossed the green. I did a lot of distressing with this card and colored with my copics.  Be sure to check out the rest of the teams work this seek for some inspiration and then stop by SCH blog and show us your work with this sketch.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day. 

This card is also for the Daring cardmakers, you are to use the Flowers for February. 

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful Heide!

Donna Moore said...

Well Miss Heide you have just raised the bar for sure! I am crazy about your embossing on the black paper, it is just elegant, actually elegant is a good word for your entire card! Perfectly gorgeous creation!!
hugs
donna

Julie said...

Beautiful Heide! I love the use of the nontraditional colors. Your coloring is beautiful!

Hugz,
Julie

Sharon Basel said...

Heide this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the black embossed background - it just makes all the other elements stand out so perfectly, including that wonderful violet image - love the dimension you added there. Outstanding!
Hugs,
Sharon

marsha said...

Heide, this is just luscious! Your embossing is gorgeous, the striped ribbon "mwah" and your color choices are BEAUTIFUL!
Hugs,
Marsha

Lynda said...

Beautiful card Heide - thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Tracy Vinson said...

LOVELY take on the sketch Heide. The embossed papers add such dimension to your design. Hope you are well..and your hubby too!

Mary Duffek said...

Beautiful job!

Kathy said...

This is lovely and the violets are perfect for this week's February's Flowers of the Month challenge from The Daring Cardmakers

Joseline said...

Great card Heide, I love the black embossed card stock. I'm going to have to play with this new digi as soon as I feel up to it. The more I see it the more I am loving it.

Nancy said...

Heide, all of the embossing is your card is magnificent. It adds such dimension and texture! I love the bling, and the striped ribbon is tops!!

Renee Matarese said...

I love how you printed the image on patterned paper. The layering on your flowers gives them that "little extra" too. Love the color combination as well.