Monday, November 7, 2011

Drumline Rocks...

I have just a quick post for you today. 
I have not been very crafty lately, the kids have been keeping me busy since school has started. This year it is my sons first year in High School and he has joined in the marching band. It has been such a fun, yet busy year. Here is a picture of Nic in his uniform at our invitational that was held at our school.
So this week was State Championship. Our school got 4th place. The kids were very happy and we were very happy. So congrats to West Bloomfield Marching band. 
Because we had States this past weekend and the kids leave this week for Regionals. We were asked to make Paper plate awards to encourage the kids. Here is what I made for Nic. 
The theme for the this years show is " Heres that Rainy day" that is why I have the umbrella off to the side. I came up with making the umbrella on my own, I was very impressed with my  self!  I wanted to keep it simple and not too cute for Nic. The Band room is just full of paper plates up on the wall to give the kids encouragement for the next few weeks. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great week.

1 comment:

Cec said...

What a great photo of the band. The uniforms are so smart looking. Your paper plate is lots fun and I am sure he was very appreciative of it. All the best to Nic and his band mates at Regionals.
Hugs!
Cec