Saturday, January 7, 2012

Friendship...

Hello Saturday to you all.
It has been a long sad week and I have not been crafting much this week.  My Brother in law passed away early Tuesday due to liver cancer. He went so very quickly, from the time that he got the news that the cancer had spread to his lungs and stomach. It was one week before he past away. He was such a kind and good man, may he rest in peace.
With this news I just felt very melancholy all week. I feel so bad for my sister, she is just lost with out him and I do not know what to do for her. If anyone has any advise I would really appreciate it. 
Here is a card I made for the site Crafting by Designs where I am also the featured blog of the week!  If you have not stopped over at Crafting by Design, your should, the girls are so friendly and I just always seen to get the nicest comments on my cards. Thanks for stopping by today and I will see you later.
 

5 comments:

Melissa Czapor said...

I am so sorry for your family's loss!! I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!! May our Lord above hold you all close in His arms giving comfort and peace!!! Hugs!!

Patti P. said...

Heide, I am so sorry for your loss. I don't think there is anything to do for your sister but be there for her and let her know that. We lost a dear friend recently also to cancer and her husband is lost without her and unfortunately other than checking on him and being his friend we are also at a loss. It is hard to concentrate on crafting and the extra stuff while going through this time. Prayers and hugs to you....

Cec said...

Heide, I am so sorry for your loss and I can only imagine how your sister feels. The only blessing is that he didn't linger after he got the news that his cancer spread and now he is looking down on all of you. The only thing you can do for your sister is to be there for her, let her talk when she wants to and make sure she understands that time does have a way of making things feel better. He isn't totally gone but rather has moved to a special place in her heart and in the hearts of all those that knew and loved him.

Hugs!
Cec

Rhonda Miller said...

This is gorgeous. TFS.

Emma Fewkes said...

Heide, I'm so sorry {{hugs}} I had no idea about your BIL. That's so sad for you all. If there's anything I can do, please let me know <3