Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A ride on the wild side

Hello and Happy Wednesday to you. 
What a week I  had last week. My last post was July 4th and that is the day we lost power until July 8th at about 5:30 PM. Those days were some of the hottest days that we have had.  It was in the high 90 with very high humidity. Some days my car said it was 107! We lost a lot of food and my sons computer. 
Now I am enjoying the AC and my computer again, you do not know how much you rely on the power until it is gone, I am so very happy it is back on. 
On to Sweet Sketch Wednesday. We have a fun sketch for you and a super fun sponsor Pattie Creations. Thank you Pattie for being our sponsor this week.
I used the cute image called, Pattieboop and Allie on Safari. One lucky winner will receive 3 digi images from Pattie's Creations. Here is this weeks fun sketch. 

Looking forward to what you do with this sketch I will be looking for you over at Sweet Sketch Wednesdays. 

7 comments:

sweetbloominscraps said...

Hello Heide, I just love this cute image and the texture you used with it. Love the orange jeep! We use to have a red jeep which was so fun to drive...it was for our youngest son! Love the rich look of your card! So glad that you have power again! It's so hard to lose good food but what can you do! You are so right...we are so dependent on electricity and all of our gadgets!
Hope you are able to enjoy a cooler and more relaxing week!
Hugs, Judi

mulberry station said...

Hi Heide, I love the texture that you have added to the circles. The browns and blacks are the perfect color combo for your safari card. I have always loved this image. I am so glad you finally have your power back. There is nothing like not having it. I am sorry to hear you lost all that food and the computer. Not a fun few days. I hope things will be looking up.
Hugs, Nancy

Linda Anderson said...

Oh Heide, I am so happy you have your power back on...finally. How horrible that must have been with the nasty heat.
Your card is fabulous!!! Love the colors, paper, and the embossed circles. Sooooo cute.

Linda

Jeannie said...

This is very fun and the embossed papers work perfectly with it too! Great colors and papers and the blue outlines around the image really make it pop!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Simple and Sweet said...

So glad that you have your power back! We have had some miserable heat out here too. Sorry that you lost a computer...that is never run! Your card is darling and the colors are just perfect!
Erika

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh you have used such perfect papers. Love your embossing. Such a fun image. Have a sweet day!!! HUGS Arlana

Kathie said...

Hi Heide I love this fun image and your wonderful design papers and the embossing looks amazing very animal like. So glad you have power now, I know what you mean you just don't realise how much you use power when you don't have it. I don't mind the heat especially if it's a dry heat but where we like in NZ we get the humidity which is worse. Take care and I'm glad everything is back to normal.
Hugs
Kathie
xox